Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies
About this recipe:These soft cookies are easy to make and incredibly moreish. They are flavoured with banana, peanut butter and chocolate chips. For the best flavour, use the ripest bananas you have lying around.
Makes: 30 cookies
- 125g mashed banana
- 130g peanut butter
- 70g dark brown soft sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 165g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 40g plain chocolate chips
Prep:20min › Cook:15min › Extra time:1hr chilling › Ready in: 1hr 35min
- In a medium bowl, stir together the banana and peanut butter until well blended. Stir in the dark brown soft sugar, caster sugar and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour and baking powder; add to the peanut butter mixture and mix well. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips. Cover and chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Line baking trays with baking parchment. Roll dough into walnut sized balls and place 5cm apart onto the prepared baking trays.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking tray for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.