Some things you may not know about the “Zen Druidry Lady” 🙂
- I spent my spare time in my youth figure skating at the ice rink at the end of my street all winter long
- When I wasn’t figure skating, I was cross-country skiing or downhill skiing
- I know all the lyrics to pretty much every Taylor Swift song
- I know the entire script of Jim Henson’s movie, Labyrinth, by heart
- I played the head of a pirate nation in a Live Action Role-Playing system
- I was also an elf in another LARP system
- I began writing my first book when I was fourteen
- I only have an automatic, not manual driver’s license (but I can drive/operate a tractor with bucket)
- I used to ride a Yamaha Xmax before I got my driver’s license
- I was a volunteer and member of the Valley Farm Mounted Troop, part of the Suffolk Division of the Legion of the Horse for the Volunteer Corps of Frontiersmen
- I also competed in Western horse-riding competitions
- I rode down the aisle, side-saddle, next to my husband (who was on his own horse) at our wedding
- I sing silly, improvised songs to my cats. A lot.
- My cats LOVE my songs.
- I play golf (at eco-friendly sites)
- I never measure the quantities of anything when I bake – I always wing it
- I am a very good swimmer
- I do a very good screaming chimpanzee impersonation
- I work for one of the largest classical music festivals in the world
- I can play the guitar, strumstick, drums, flute, recorder, harmonica, and piano (none of them particularly well)
Well, now we know!! It’s amazing when one sits down to do such a list how much there is/has been in one’s life experience.
I wish my cat loved my musical attempts. He does like me (honestly) but every time I pick up my guitar or mandolin he asks to go out –even before I start playing!